Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been freed from her car after colliding with a tree on the A602 in the early hours of this morning.
Police were called at 5.33am to assist the ambulance service with reports of a collision in Lytton Way, Stevenage.
One vehicle was involved – an orange Renault Captur – with reports that a woman was trapped inside the vehicle. The fire and rescue service were also called.
The road was initially closed by Herts police, and one lane has since reopened.
Motorists are advised to avoid the area.
You may also want to watch:
Recovery has been arranged for the vehicle, and emergency services remain at the scene.
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 3 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 4 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 5 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 6 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 7 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 10 Praise for hat-trick hero Codi Lee-Spavins from delighted Stotfold boss