Woman taken to hospital following crash on A505 near Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
A woman had to be cut out of her car and taken to hospital following a crash.
Emergency services were called to the A505 between Putteridge Bury and Hitchin, near Offley.
The car was travelling eastbound towards Hitchin on Saturday afternoon.
The call to Herts police came in at 3.55pm to a report of a woman trapped in a silver Ford Focus.
Fire crews from Stevenage, Hitchin and Bedfordshire were called to remove the roof of the car in order to stabilise the woman before taking her to Luton and Dunstable Hospital by ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
Herts Highways were also on the scene to make the road safe after oil had spilt on the road.
The incident was dealt with by 4.49pm and the car was recovered at 5.20pm.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Drugs, weapons and cash recovered as man arrested in Beds village