Woman seriously injured in car collision flown to hospital
A WOMAN has been flown to hospital with serious injuries after being in a car collision this morning (Thursday).
The collision happened between Wymondley and Willian, near to Wymondley Woods, just before 8am.
A woman was airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with serious injuries. A man was also taken to Lister Hospital with minor injuries.
Police and paramedics rushed to the scene on Wymondley Road, and are still there dealing with incident.
Two cars, a blue BMW 320 and a red Mazda Coupe, were involved.
Wymondley Road, Hitchin Road and Willian Road are closed, and are expected to be for at least another 30 minutes.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 4 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 5 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 6 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 7 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 8 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Tens of thousands donated to charity by Hitchin-based construction company