Woman remains in hospital after ‘extremely serious collision’ which closed A1(M)
- Credit: Archant
A WOMAN remains in hospital after an “extremely serious collision” which forced the A1(M) to shut for four hours.
A man and a woman were travelling northbound in a silver Vauxhall Corsa when the car left the road just after junction 8 for Stevenage at about 1.55pm on Sunday.
It is not yet known what caused the crash, which saw the car roll over before stopping in a field opposite the motorway.
The man and woman involved were taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage, where the female passenger remains in a serious condition.
The A1(M) was subsequently closed between junction 8 and junction 9 for Letchworth Gate until about 6pm.
You may also want to watch:
Police constable Adrian Parke from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Roads Policing Unit said: “This was an extremely serious collision which has resulted in one person in hospital in a serious condition. We are determined to trace anyone who may have witnessed this collision to get in touch with us.
“I would urge anyone who may have seen either vehicle prior to the collision taking place to call us as a matter of urgency.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Parke on non emergency number 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.