Woman in critical condition after head-on collision near Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
A woman remains in a critical condition in hospital this morning following a head-on collision at the weekend.
Emergency services were called to the B655 Hexton Road near to the junction with Carters Lane at about 5.20pm on Saturday after a grey Citroen Saxo and a yellow Vauxhall Corsa collided on the road between Offley and Hitchin.
The Saxo had been travelling towards Barton-Le-Clay when, for reasons unknown at this stage, it veered on to the other side of the road and collided with the approaching Corsa.
The driver of the Saxo, a 53-year-old woman, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge with serious injuries, and remains there in a critical condition this morning.
The Corsa driver, a 50-year-old woman, was also injured and taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage.
Anyone with information can call investigating officer PC Helen Carpenter via police non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 2 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 3 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 4 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 5 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 6 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 7 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 8 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
- 9 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 10 Come on feel the noise: Tisdale excited to experience a first Stevenage home game