Woman in critical condition after head-on collision near Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
A woman remains in a critical condition in hospital this morning following a head-on collision at the weekend.
Emergency services were called to the B655 Hexton Road near to the junction with Carters Lane at about 5.20pm on Saturday after a grey Citroen Saxo and a yellow Vauxhall Corsa collided on the road between Offley and Hitchin.
The Saxo had been travelling towards Barton-Le-Clay when, for reasons unknown at this stage, it veered on to the other side of the road and collided with the approaching Corsa.
The driver of the Saxo, a 53-year-old woman, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge with serious injuries, and remains there in a critical condition this morning.
The Corsa driver, a 50-year-old woman, was also injured and taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can call investigating officer PC Helen Carpenter via police non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site