Woman in 40s struck by train in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
A WOMAN has died after being struck by a train last night (Thursday) in Stevenage.
The woman, believed to be in her 40s, was hit at about 10.25pm last night.
British Transport Police is investigating.
A spokesman said: “BTP officers were called to Stevenage rail station on Thursday, 15 August after a report of a woman being struck by a train.
“The incident was reported to BTP at 10.25pm and was also attended by Hertfordshire Constabulary officers and is currently being treated as non-suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
“Medics from East of England Ambulance Service also attended but the woman, believed to be in her 40s and from Bedford, was pronounced dead at the scene.
“The woman’s family has been informed and officers are now working to prepare a file for the coroner.”
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term
The line was handed back to Network Rail at 11.42pm.