Woman hospitalised with serious injuries after Letchworth crash
AN ELDERLY woman has been taken to hospital with serious injuries after she was in collision with a car this morning (Thursday).
The woman, in her 70s, received multiple injuries - including to her head and pelvis - after colliding with a silver Vauxhall Astra convertible at around 8am.
A police spokesman said her injuries were “not believed to be life threatening”, following the crash which occurred by Fearnhill School in Icknield Way, Letchworth GC.
The road was closed as a result of the incident but was later reopened at 9.52am.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “The woman who we believe to be in her 70s was rapidly treated and stabilised at the roadside by paramedics before she was taken to an awaiting trauma team at Lister Hospital in Stevenage.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Hertfordshire Constabulary added: “If anybody has seen anything we would urge them to get in contact with us by calling the non-emergency number 101 and asking for PC Andy Ralph of the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Policing Unit.”
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin