Woman hospitalised after car overturns on A1(M)
A WOMAN has been taken to hospital after her car overturned on the A1(M) and crashed into a road sign this morning (Thursday).
Two ambulances from Letchworth GC attended a 40-year-old woman following the incident between Junction 8 for Stevenage and Junction 9 for Letchworth Gate at 7.30am.
Upon arrival, the emergency services found the red Honda Jazz on its side on the northbound hard shoulder and police closed one lane while the vehicle was recovered.
The woman has been taken to Lister Hospital with minor injuries.
No other vehicle was involved.
You may also want to watch:
All lanes have now reopened but traffic is expected to be delayed as a result of the crash.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 6 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust