Woman hospitalised after car overturns on A1(M)
A WOMAN has been taken to hospital after her car overturned on the A1(M) and crashed into a road sign this morning (Thursday).
Two ambulances from Letchworth GC attended a 40-year-old woman following the incident between Junction 8 for Stevenage and Junction 9 for Letchworth Gate at 7.30am.
Upon arrival, the emergency services found the red Honda Jazz on its side on the northbound hard shoulder and police closed one lane while the vehicle was recovered.
The woman has been taken to Lister Hospital with minor injuries.
No other vehicle was involved.
All lanes have now reopened but traffic is expected to be delayed as a result of the crash.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 6 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 9 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 10 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe