Woman died in B655 crash near Hitchin, police confirm
- Credit: Archant
A 29-year-old woman was killed in a car crash on a country road near Hitchin on Thursday, police have today confirmed – and officers are appealing for witnesses.
The woman killed in the crash on the B655 Barton Road at Pegsdon – between Hitchin and Barton-le-Clay – has been named by police as Laura Jones, of Vandyke Road in Leighton Buzzard.
Officers are now investigating the crash, which happened at about 12.50pm. Police, who on Thursday described the crash as involving four vehicles, have today issued an appeal focusing on Ms Jones’ Ford Mondeo and an Isuzu vehicle recovery truck.
According to today’s police statement, the crash happened “when the victim’s Ford Mondeo veered onto the opposite carriageway”.
Sgt James Wood from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Roads Policing Unit said: “This was a tragic incident with terrible consequences, resulting in a young woman sadly losing her life.
You may also want to watch:
“It is vital that we fully investigate the collision in order to establish the circumstances around it.
“I would appeal for anyone who saw the collision, or either vehicle in the area prior to it, to get in contact with any piece of information, big or small.”
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
Call Bedfordshire Police on 101, quoting the reference Operation Triops, with any information.