Woman, 28, dies in crash on A505 near Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
A woman has died after a vehicle collision yesterday afternoon (Friday).
Police were called to a fatal two vehicle collision on the A505 carriageway, around three miles from Hitchin, at 2.53 yesterday afternoon (Friday).
A 28-year-old woman was driving a blue Ford Fiesta which lost control, veered left and collided heavily with the rear of a parked Mercedes Sprinter van.
The woman, who has yet to be formally identified, died at the scene.
The occupant of the Mercedes, a 25-year-old man sustained slight injuries.
Police, ambulance and fire services attended the scene.
Ambulance officer Gary Sanderson, who attended the scene said: “First and foremost my thoughts are with the young woman’s family at this tragic time.”
- 1 Magpas Air Ambulance lands in Letchworth amid 'medical emergency'
- 2 Funeral of retired Stevenage school teacher hailed 'a legend'
- 3 Two-storey factory catches fire in Letchworth
- 4 Old Town Live organisers 'overwhelmed by response'
- 5 Stevenage PE teacher's charity run after leg amputation
- 6 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
- 7 Summer Sand pit opens in Stevenage
- 8 Assault victim left with punctured lung after Hitchin 'scuffle'
- 9 'Expect delays' during week-long gas works at Stevenage roundabout
- 10 Stevenage fundraising day in memory of much-loved Peter
Traffic officers are appealing for witnesses and anyone with information should contact PC Bob Hauxwellon 101.