Woman, 28, dies in crash on A505 near Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
A woman has died after a vehicle collision yesterday afternoon (Friday).
Police were called to a fatal two vehicle collision on the A505 carriageway, around three miles from Hitchin, at 2.53 yesterday afternoon (Friday).
A 28-year-old woman was driving a blue Ford Fiesta which lost control, veered left and collided heavily with the rear of a parked Mercedes Sprinter van.
The woman, who has yet to be formally identified, died at the scene.
The occupant of the Mercedes, a 25-year-old man sustained slight injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Police, ambulance and fire services attended the scene.
Ambulance officer Gary Sanderson, who attended the scene said: “First and foremost my thoughts are with the young woman’s family at this tragic time.”
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 7 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 8 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises
Traffic officers are appealing for witnesses and anyone with information should contact PC Bob Hauxwellon 101.