Witness appeal to major A1M smash
Police are appealing for witnesses to a crash on the A1M which left a 21-year-old man in hospital after his car hit the central reservation, careered across three lanes and shot up a steep embankment.
The smash took place at around 6pm last Thursday when a white van and a silver Toyota Yaris collided on the northbound carriageway between junctions 8 at Hitchin and 9 at Letchworth GC.
Two motorists came to the Yaris driver’s aid before the emergency services arrived and began a two-hour rescue operation. He was taken to Lister Hospital and later released with minor injuries.
Police received reports that the driver of the white van had been driving erratically before the collision took place.
Investigating officer Pc Jay Day said: “I am appealing to anyone who was on this stretch of the A1M around the time and either saw the collision or either of the vehicles before the collision happened to please get in contact as soon as possible.”
If you can help, call Herts Police on the non-emergency number 101 quoting reference number 604 of 24 November, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 2 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 3 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 4 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 8 Enter Shikari to play Club 85 gig in Hitchin as part of The National Lottery’s Revive Live Tour
- 9 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 10 Vegan market returns for final 2021 trade with festive twist