Witness appeal launched after A507 crash near Baldock sees Mercedes catch fire and leaves two in hospital
- Credit: Archant
A witness appeal has been launched after a crash yesterday on the A507 not far from Baldock saw a car catch fire and left two people in hospital.
Police officers are looking for members of the public to come forward with information after being alerted to a collision at about 5.40pm on the A507 Clothall Road, close to the turning for Clothall and Weston.
Firefighters and ambulance personnel also headed to the scene due to reports of a head on crash between a silver Mercedes and a grey Ford Fiesta, with the Mercedes catching fire.
The driver of the Mercedes, a man, suffered facial, chest and abdominal injuries and was taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage for further care.
A woman who was driving the Fiesta was also taken to Lister, but the extent of her injuries is not known.
Police closed the road until about 7.30pm to allow emergency services to deal with the incident, and are now appealing for witnesses.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 6 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 7 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 10 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes