Witness appeal launched after A507 crash near Baldock sees Mercedes catch fire and leaves two in hospital
- Credit: Archant
A witness appeal has been launched after a crash yesterday on the A507 not far from Baldock saw a car catch fire and left two people in hospital.
Police officers are looking for members of the public to come forward with information after being alerted to a collision at about 5.40pm on the A507 Clothall Road, close to the turning for Clothall and Weston.
Firefighters and ambulance personnel also headed to the scene due to reports of a head on crash between a silver Mercedes and a grey Ford Fiesta, with the Mercedes catching fire.
The driver of the Mercedes, a man, suffered facial, chest and abdominal injuries and was taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage for further care.
A woman who was driving the Fiesta was also taken to Lister, but the extent of her injuries is not known.
You may also want to watch:
Police closed the road until about 7.30pm to allow emergency services to deal with the incident, and are now appealing for witnesses.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 5 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie