Welwyn Garden City pilot who died in light aircraft crash near Walkern named
- Credit: Archant
A 71-year-old pilot from Welwyn Garden City who died when his light aircraft crashed in a field near Walkern has been named.
Hertfordshire County Council’s coroners service has opened an inquest into the death of Ian Brewster, after his aircraft came down in fields at Luffenhall on June 20.
The initial cause of Mr Brewster’s death is listed as ‘severe multiple injuries’.
A full inquest hearing will eventually try to determine the cause of his death.
Fire, ambulance and police all attended the scene after the crash around 10am and roads were closed while the aircraft was recovered.
A team from the Air Accident Investigation Branch assessed the crash and will prepare a full report in due course.
Mr Brewster’s family has been informed of his death.
- 1 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 2 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 3 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 4 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 5 Airbus: Stevenage's out of this world impact on space missions over seven decades
- 6 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 7 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 8 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 9 Latest on Stevenage Marks & Spencer store opening
- 10 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager