Driver taken to Lister Hospital after Stevenage crash
- Credit: Archant
A driver has been taken to hospital after his car overturned on an embankment in Stevenage.
At 7.50pm yesterday, police were called to Vardon Road at the junction with Lonsdale Road, following a crash.
A blue MG ZS left the road, hit a crash barrier and lamppost and then overturned on an embankment.
The driver – the single occupant of the vehicle – managed to escape with slight injuries, according to a police spokesman.
The ambulance service attended and the driver was taken to Lister Hospital in the town.
You may also want to watch:
The vehicle was recovered by police by 9.15pm.
- 1 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 4 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 5 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 6 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 7 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 8 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 9 Herts Cladiators take part in London rally against 'terrible injustice'
- 10 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system