Driver taken to Lister Hospital after Stevenage crash
- Credit: Archant
A driver has been taken to hospital after his car overturned on an embankment in Stevenage.
At 7.50pm yesterday, police were called to Vardon Road at the junction with Lonsdale Road, following a crash.
A blue MG ZS left the road, hit a crash barrier and lamppost and then overturned on an embankment.
The driver – the single occupant of the vehicle – managed to escape with slight injuries, according to a police spokesman.
The ambulance service attended and the driver was taken to Lister Hospital in the town.
You may also want to watch:
The vehicle was recovered by police by 9.15pm.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation