Van engine catches alight after three-vehicle crash in Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
Three vehicles have collided this afternoon (Monday), with firefighters called to put out an engine fire.
Emergency services were called at about 12.40pm to Norton Road in Letchworth GC, after reports that two vans and a car had crashed while heading towards Stotfold.
The engine of one of the vans caught alight, with a fire crew from Letchworth GC and Baldock called to extinguish the flames.
The fire was decalred out at 1.05pm.
Ambulance service were called but no one required treatment.
You may also want to watch:
It is the second collision on the road in just under three weeks, after two men were taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries on October 22.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 3 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation