Van engine catches alight after three-vehicle crash in Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
Three vehicles have collided this afternoon (Monday), with firefighters called to put out an engine fire.
Emergency services were called at about 12.40pm to Norton Road in Letchworth GC, after reports that two vans and a car had crashed while heading towards Stotfold.
The engine of one of the vans caught alight, with a fire crew from Letchworth GC and Baldock called to extinguish the flames.
The fire was decalred out at 1.05pm.
Ambulance service were called but no one required treatment.
You may also want to watch:
It is the second collision on the road in just under three weeks, after two men were taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries on October 22.
- 1 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 2 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 3 Custodial sentence 'sends strong message' to those carrying knives
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 5 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 6 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 7 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 8 Hitchin Beer and Cider Festival in pictures
- 9 Hospice volunteers mark Churchgate Day on the catwalk with vintage fashion show
- 10 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony