UPDATE: Teenager in critical condition after car collides with tree on A505 between Hitchin and Luton
- Credit: Archant
A teenager is in a critical condition after his car collided with a tree on the A505 between Hitchin and Luton last night.
For reasons unknown at this point, a 17-year-old boy lost control of his black Ford Fiesta on the Beech Hill bend, near to the turning for Lilley, at about 8.40pm.
He was subsequently taken by air ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge, where he remains in a critical condition.
There were three boys and a girl travelling in the car, all of whom were 17. Two of the males and the female received slight injuries, while the third received serious injuries and all were taken to Luton and Dunstable Hospital.
Investigating officer PC Robert Hauxwell said: “We would like to establish the circumstances around the incident and are therefore appealing for anyone who witnessed the collision, or saw the car prior to it, to contact me as soon as possible.”
Anyone with any information is asked to contact PC Hauxwell via Hertfordshire Constabulary’s non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 6 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening