UPDATE: Teenager in critical condition after car collides with tree on A505 between Hitchin and Luton
- Credit: Archant
A teenager is in a critical condition after his car collided with a tree on the A505 between Hitchin and Luton last night.
For reasons unknown at this point, a 17-year-old boy lost control of his black Ford Fiesta on the Beech Hill bend, near to the turning for Lilley, at about 8.40pm.
He was subsequently taken by air ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge, where he remains in a critical condition.
There were three boys and a girl travelling in the car, all of whom were 17. Two of the males and the female received slight injuries, while the third received serious injuries and all were taken to Luton and Dunstable Hospital.
Investigating officer PC Robert Hauxwell said: “We would like to establish the circumstances around the incident and are therefore appealing for anyone who witnessed the collision, or saw the car prior to it, to contact me as soon as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information is asked to contact PC Hauxwell via Hertfordshire Constabulary’s non-emergency number 101.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 10 Do you recognise these people?