UPDATE: Stevenage road reopens after collision left woman trapped in car for 45 minutes
- Credit: Archant
A road has reopened after a collision this morning (Tuesday) left a woman trapped in her car for 45 minutes.
The incident happened when a silver Smart car collided with a blue Ford S-Max VETC at 9.20am on Gresley Way in Stevenage, at the junction with Lantern Lane.
The crash left the Smart car on its side and its female driver trapped inside.
Fire and ambulance crews took 45 minutes to free the woman, who was taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage afterwards with minor injuries.
No one else was injured in the crash.
Police closed the road while the vehicles were recovered and reopened it at 11am.
- 1 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 2 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 3 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 4 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 5 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 6 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 7 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 8 Come on feel the noise: Tisdale excited to experience a first Stevenage home game
- 9 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 10 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week