UPDATE: Stevenage road reopens after collision left woman trapped in car for 45 minutes
- Credit: Archant
A road has reopened after a collision this morning (Tuesday) left a woman trapped in her car for 45 minutes.
The incident happened when a silver Smart car collided with a blue Ford S-Max VETC at 9.20am on Gresley Way in Stevenage, at the junction with Lantern Lane.
The crash left the Smart car on its side and its female driver trapped inside.
Fire and ambulance crews took 45 minutes to free the woman, who was taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage afterwards with minor injuries.
No one else was injured in the crash.
You may also want to watch:
Police closed the road while the vehicles were recovered and reopened it at 11am.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 6 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising