UPDATE: Road reopened following car smash
A ROAD which has been shut for several hours following a nasty car collision earlier today (Thursday) has reopened.
It happened just before 8am, when two cars were in collision with each other on Wymondley Road.
Ambulance crews attended and police shut the road, which has now reopened.
A woman, believed to be in her 40s, was flown by the East Anglian Air Ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with serious injuries. She is now said to be in a stable condition.
A man in his 30s was also taken to Lister Hospital with slight injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson, who was at the scene, said: “On our arrival, both occupants were trapped in their cars.
“Land and air ambulance crews worked extremely hard to treat, stabilise and immobilise them whilst the fire service extricated them out of the vehicles.”
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 3 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 4 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 5 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 National charity challenge for Samaritans makes its way through Hitchin
- 10 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women