Woman, 80, ‘seriously injured’ in Hitchin truck collision
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched a witness appeal after a woman in her 80s sustained serious injuries after colliding with a truck in Hitchin yesterday.
Emergency services responded to reports that a pedestrian and an orange truck had been involved in a collision in Queen Street at 10.50am.
The pedestrian, an elderly woman, was taken to hospital to be treated after sustaining what police have described as "serious injuries".
PC Tony Saunders from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, said: "I am appealing for anyone who saw the collision, or the events leading up to the collision, to get in touch.
"I would also like to hear from anyone who might have captured what happened on dash cam footage.
You may also want to watch:
"If you can help, please get in touch via 101 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting ISR 241 of August 12."
You can also report information online at herts.police.uk/reportAlternatively, you can stay 100 per cent anonymous by contacting the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via their untraceable online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?