UPDATE: A602 reopens following crash near Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
The A602 has now reopened following a four-vehicle crash this morning.
The road was shut in both directions after the collision near Watton-At-Stone at about 10.55am.
A silver Mercedes C220 was travelling behind a red convertible Audi TT, heading from Stevenage towards Hertford, when it was in a collision with a red Audi A4 travelling in the opposite direction.
A white Mercedes panel van also heading along the road from travelling from Stevenage then collided with the Audi A4.
The driver of the Audi A4, a man in his 20s from Stevenage, sustained serious injuries and was taken to Lister Hospital in the town.
The van driver, also a Stevenage man in his 20s received slight injuries and was taken to Lister Hospital. The other drivers were not injured.
PC Felicity Moody from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit is investigating the collision.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 7 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 8 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 9 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
She said: “We would like to establish the exact circumstances of what happened and as such would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or the events leading up to it. Anyone who saw any of the vehicles prior to the incident should contact me.”
Anyone with information can call police on non-emergency number 101.