Four taken to hospital after ‘serious’ collision on A602 in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
Police, ambulance and fire crews were called to a serious collision on the A602 Park Way in Hitchin yesterday afternoon.
The road was shut by police in both directions at the roundabout near Hitchin Library around 2pm after two cars collided.
The vehicles involved were a Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 and a Peugeot van.
Eyewitnesses reported on social media what they said looked like a ‘serious head-on crash’.
Many said traffic was congested in the area and the road remained shut all afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Medics treated three adults and a child at the scene for a variety of minor injuries before taking them all to the Lister Hospital for further care.
Fire crews attended because one of the car engines was smoking.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
The road closure remained in place until 6.50pm.