Four taken to hospital after ‘serious’ collision on A602 in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
Police, ambulance and fire crews were called to a serious collision on the A602 Park Way in Hitchin yesterday afternoon.
The road was shut by police in both directions at the roundabout near Hitchin Library around 2pm after two cars collided.
The vehicles involved were a Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 and a Peugeot van.
Eyewitnesses reported on social media what they said looked like a ‘serious head-on crash’.
Many said traffic was congested in the area and the road remained shut all afternoon.
Medics treated three adults and a child at the scene for a variety of minor injuries before taking them all to the Lister Hospital for further care.
Fire crews attended because one of the car engines was smoking.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 3 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 4 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 5 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 6 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 7 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 8 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 9 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?
- 10 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
The road closure remained in place until 6.50pm.