Two people taken to hospital after smash on A505 between Royston and Baldock
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been taken to hospital after a crash on the A505 between Royston and Baldock caused a car to overturn.
Police, fire and ambulance crews attended following the smash, which happened at Slip End – close to the turnings for Ashwell and Wallington – at around 3.40pm.
A woman in her 20s was cut free from a white Fiat 500 and taken to hospital with a suspected broken bone in her leg.
The driver of a black Peugeot 307 – a man in his 40s – was also taken to hospital with a back injury.
Police remain at the scene and the road is still closed. The cars are yet to be recovered.
You may also want to watch:
Initial reports indicated that there was a car on fire, but this was not confirmed by the fire service.
Sgt Sam Cordingley, from the Road Policing Unit, said: “I am investigating the circumstances of the collision and would like to speak to anyone who saw the incident take place and who has not yet spoken to police.”
- 1 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 2 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 3 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 4 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 5 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 6 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 7 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 10 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
Anyone with information should contact the road policing unit on 101.