Two people taken to hospital after smash on A505 between Royston and Baldock
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been taken to hospital after a crash on the A505 between Royston and Baldock caused a car to overturn.
Police, fire and ambulance crews attended following the smash, which happened at Slip End – close to the turnings for Ashwell and Wallington – at around 3.40pm.
A woman in her 20s was cut free from a white Fiat 500 and taken to hospital with a suspected broken bone in her leg.
The driver of a black Peugeot 307 – a man in his 40s – was also taken to hospital with a back injury.
Police remain at the scene and the road is still closed. The cars are yet to be recovered.
Initial reports indicated that there was a car on fire, but this was not confirmed by the fire service.
Sgt Sam Cordingley, from the Road Policing Unit, said: “I am investigating the circumstances of the collision and would like to speak to anyone who saw the incident take place and who has not yet spoken to police.”
- 1 Driver arrested as Audi crashes into parked vehicles in Hitchin
- 2 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 3 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 6 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 7 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 8 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 9 Award-winning Hitchin nursery celebrates bumper year for staff
- 10 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
Anyone with information should contact the road policing unit on 101.