Two people taken to hospital after smash on A505 between Royston and Baldock
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been taken to hospital after a crash on the A505 between Royston and Baldock caused a car to overturn.
Police, fire and ambulance crews attended following the smash, which happened at Slip End – close to the turnings for Ashwell and Wallington – at around 3.40pm.
A woman in her 20s was cut free from a white Fiat 500 and taken to hospital with a suspected broken bone in her leg.
The driver of a black Peugeot 307 – a man in his 40s – was also taken to hospital with a back injury.
Police remain at the scene and the road is still closed. The cars are yet to be recovered.
Initial reports indicated that there was a car on fire, but this was not confirmed by the fire service.
Sgt Sam Cordingley, from the Road Policing Unit, said: “I am investigating the circumstances of the collision and would like to speak to anyone who saw the incident take place and who has not yet spoken to police.”
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 8 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 9 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
Anyone with information should contact the road policing unit on 101.