Two motorcyclists hospitalised in A1(M) and Stevenage crashes
- Credit: Archant
TWO motorcyclists were taken to hospital after crashes at the weekend.
Emergency services were called to the northbound carriageway of the A1(M) at about 9.15pm last night (Sunday) after a collision involving a car and a motorbike just before junction 8 for Stevenage.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said the black Vauxhall Corsa rolled over twice in the collision before coming to a halt.
The female driver and a 20-year-old man, who was driving the green Kawasaki motorbike, were taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage with back injuries.
A rolling road block was put in place cordoning off part of the motorway but it was fully reopened at about 10.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday, police and ambulance crews were called to London Road in Stevenage at about 12.50pm after a crash involving a black Peugeot 308 and a silver Benelli Adiva scooter near DIY store B&Q.
The scooter rider, a man in his 50s, was taken to Lister Hospital with a hip injury.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 5 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
Ambulance spokesman Gary Sanderson, who was at the scene, said: “I wish to pass on our sincere thanks to the members of the public who stopped and helped the casualty before we arrived. Their help was very much appreciated.”