Two lanes shut on A1(M) near Stevenage after three-vehicle crash
- Credit: Archant
Two lanes of the A1(M) have been shut this morning near Stevenage after a three-vehicle crash, following a similar incident last night.
Emergency services were called at 8.15am after a collision on the southbound carriageway near Junction 8 for Stevenage.
Two lanes are reported to be closed following the crash, which involved a HGV lorry, a blue Vauxhall Astra and a silver Vauxhall Corsa.
It is not clear if anyone has been injured at this stage but traffic is heavy in the area.
The incident follows another collision on the same stretch of motorway at about 9.20pm last night, with the southbound carriageway shut until 11pm.
You may also want to watch:
A black Audi A3, black Mercedes SRK, black Mercedes E220 and a white Volkswagen panel van were involved and one man was taken to hospital.
The crash was described last night as ‘serious’ but the extent of the man’s injuries are not known.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 3 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation