Two lanes shut on A1(M) near Stevenage after three-vehicle crash
- Credit: Archant
Two lanes of the A1(M) have been shut this morning near Stevenage after a three-vehicle crash, following a similar incident last night.
Emergency services were called at 8.15am after a collision on the southbound carriageway near Junction 8 for Stevenage.
Two lanes are reported to be closed following the crash, which involved a HGV lorry, a blue Vauxhall Astra and a silver Vauxhall Corsa.
It is not clear if anyone has been injured at this stage but traffic is heavy in the area.
The incident follows another collision on the same stretch of motorway at about 9.20pm last night, with the southbound carriageway shut until 11pm.
A black Audi A3, black Mercedes SRK, black Mercedes E220 and a white Volkswagen panel van were involved and one man was taken to hospital.
The crash was described last night as ‘serious’ but the extent of the man’s injuries are not known.
- 1 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 2 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 3 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 4 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 5 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 6 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 7 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 8 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 9 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
- 10 Come on feel the noise: Tisdale excited to experience a first Stevenage home game