Two killed in Ickleford collision
- Credit: Colin Finch
Two men have died after their car collided with a tree.
The fatal collision occured on Arlesey Road, Ickleford in the early hours of this morning (Sunday).
It is believed that a blue BMW had been travelling northbound when it collided with a tree at around 2.45am. No other vehicles are thought to be involved.
Emergency services were called to the scene at 2.46am. Two fire crews from Hitchin used cutting equipment to free the men.
The two men travelling in the vehicle, both aged 27, suffered fatal injuries and were declared dead at the scene.
Officers investigating the collision are appealing for witnesses and information.
Collision investigator PC Andy Ralph, from the Beds, Cambs and Herts Road policing unit, said: “I would like to speak to anyone who saw this incident or who believes they may have seen it in the time leading up to the collision.
- 1 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 2 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 3 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 4 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
- 5 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 6 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 7 Audi driver in his 20s killed in crash with lorry on A507 near Shefford
- 8 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 9 Faulty lift leaves disabled Stevenage residents forced to climb 12-storey block of flats for six weeks
- 10 The history behind two Stevenage public murals - one at Primark - now protected with listed status
“I would urge anyone with information to contact me on the police non-emergency number 101.”