Two killed in Ickleford collision
- Credit: Colin Finch
Two men have died after their car collided with a tree.
The fatal collision occured on Arlesey Road, Ickleford in the early hours of this morning (Sunday).
It is believed that a blue BMW had been travelling northbound when it collided with a tree at around 2.45am. No other vehicles are thought to be involved.
Emergency services were called to the scene at 2.46am. Two fire crews from Hitchin used cutting equipment to free the men.
The two men travelling in the vehicle, both aged 27, suffered fatal injuries and were declared dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Officers investigating the collision are appealing for witnesses and information.
Collision investigator PC Andy Ralph, from the Beds, Cambs and Herts Road policing unit, said: “I would like to speak to anyone who saw this incident or who believes they may have seen it in the time leading up to the collision.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?
“I would urge anyone with information to contact me on the police non-emergency number 101.”