Two hospitalised in Stevenage smash with mum and baby
Two people were hospitalised after a crash in Stevenage this morning that caused rush hour tailbacks.
A man and woman were taken to Lister Hospital, both with chest and neck injuries, after the silver Hyundai XG they were travelling in collided with a black BMW at the junction of Gunnels Wood Road and Cavendish Road.
A mother and baby in the BMW were unhurt.
Two ambulance crews were sent to the scene after the emergency services were alerted shortly after 7.15am.
Police shut the nearby roundabout – the junction with Fairlands Way – as paramedics and recovery vehicles dealt with the aftermath of the crash.
You may also want to watch:
The closure was lifted at 8.30am.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 3 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 4 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 5 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 6 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 7 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled
- 8 National charity challenge for Samaritans makes its way through Hitchin
- 9 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 10 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers