Two hospitalised in Stevenage smash with mum and baby
Two people were hospitalised after a crash in Stevenage this morning that caused rush hour tailbacks.
A man and woman were taken to Lister Hospital, both with chest and neck injuries, after the silver Hyundai XG they were travelling in collided with a black BMW at the junction of Gunnels Wood Road and Cavendish Road.
A mother and baby in the BMW were unhurt.
Two ambulance crews were sent to the scene after the emergency services were alerted shortly after 7.15am.
Police shut the nearby roundabout – the junction with Fairlands Way – as paramedics and recovery vehicles dealt with the aftermath of the crash.
The closure was lifted at 8.30am.
- 1 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 2 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know