Two people taken to hospital following A505 crash
- Credit: BCH Road Policing Unit
Two people have been treated and taken to Lister Hospital for further care after a crash in Hitchin this morning.
Police were called to the A505 eastbound carriageway between Offley and Hitchin, near Carters Lane, at 7.45am.
A grey Kia Stonic and a white Vauxhall Movano transporter were involved. The Kia had left the carriageway and came to a halt in a field.
A spokeswoman for East of England Ambulance Service said: "We responded to an emergency call shortly before 8am regarding an incident on the A505, Hitchin.
"We sent two ambulances, two rapid response cars and one Hazardous Area Response Team (HART) vehicle. Two patients were treated and transported to Lister Hospital for further care."
The road was closed while emergency services worked at the scene.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 3 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 4 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 5 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 6 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 7 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 8 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 9 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?
- 10 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review