Two people taken to hospital following A505 crash
- Credit: BCH Road Policing Unit
Two people have been treated and taken to Lister Hospital for further care after a crash in Hitchin this morning.
Police were called to the A505 eastbound carriageway between Offley and Hitchin, near Carters Lane, at 7.45am.
A grey Kia Stonic and a white Vauxhall Movano transporter were involved. The Kia had left the carriageway and came to a halt in a field.
A spokeswoman for East of England Ambulance Service said: "We responded to an emergency call shortly before 8am regarding an incident on the A505, Hitchin.
"We sent two ambulances, two rapid response cars and one Hazardous Area Response Team (HART) vehicle. Two patients were treated and transported to Lister Hospital for further care."
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed while emergency services worked at the scene.
- 1 Stevenage man sentenced for racist assault and criminal damage
- 2 Matalan store confirms closure date ahead of demolition to make way for flats
- 3 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 4 Trial date set for pair charged with detaining two people against their will
- 5 May 17: Newly refurbed Hollywood Bowl to reopen on Monday
- 6 What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, May 17?
- 7 Dog bitten in two places at attack in playing fields
- 8 Road closed as emergency services attend crash in Stevenage
- 9 Community rallies to help couple left out of pocket after pension money goes missing
- 10 Man dies after falling ill in town centre