Two hospitalised after car overturns on A1(M)
TWO people have been hospitalised after a car overturned in a collision on the A1(M) last night (Monday).
Emergency services were called to the southbound carriageway just past junction 9 for Letchworth Gate at about 6.25pm after reports of a crash involving a black Ford Focus and a blue Ford Focus.
The East of England Ambulance Service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “When our crews arrived at the scene they found a car on its side on the grass verge and luckily both occupants were able to free themselves. Paramedics treated them before they were taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage for further care.”
The incident followed another crash in Ickleford which left a man with a broken wrist.
Emergency services were called at about 5.25pm to Turnpike Lane after reports that a man had been thrown from a white Yamaha moped.
You may also want to watch:
The driver was taken to Lister Hospital for X-rays on his arms and legs.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 8 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises