Two crashes on A505 between Baldock and Royston within half an hour – cyclist hospitalised
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist was hospitalised after a collision with a car between Baldock and Royston yesterday evening – one of two crashes on the A505 within half an hour.
There were hours of road closures between the two towns as a result of the incidents, which do not appear to have caused serious injuries.
The first crash, on the A505 at about 5.45pm, involved a red Ford Fiesta and a grey BMW. No injuries were reported. The Ford was recovered by police and the road was cleared by 7pm.
The second incident, on the southbound carriageway of the same road near the Weston tunnel, involved a blue Peugeot 207 and a cyclist.
The bike rider, described by an ambulance spokeswoman as a man in his 50s, was injured and taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage.
The spokeswoman said: “There’s nothing to imply it was life-threatening, thankfully.”
The road was closed between the junctions of Royston Road and Weston Way, and reopened at about 8.50pm.
- 1 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 2 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 3 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 4 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 5 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 6 Airbus: Stevenage's out of this world impact on space missions over seven decades
- 7 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 8 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 9 Latest on Stevenage Marks & Spencer store opening
- 10 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
The Peugeot was recovered by police.
Anyone who witnessed the crash involving the Peugeot and the bike should contact police on 101, quoting reference ISR 699 of September 14.