Two crashes on A505 between Baldock and Royston within half an hour – cyclist hospitalised
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist was hospitalised after a collision with a car between Baldock and Royston yesterday evening – one of two crashes on the A505 within half an hour.
There were hours of road closures between the two towns as a result of the incidents, which do not appear to have caused serious injuries.
The first crash, on the A505 at about 5.45pm, involved a red Ford Fiesta and a grey BMW. No injuries were reported. The Ford was recovered by police and the road was cleared by 7pm.
The second incident, on the southbound carriageway of the same road near the Weston tunnel, involved a blue Peugeot 207 and a cyclist.
The bike rider, described by an ambulance spokeswoman as a man in his 50s, was injured and taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage.
You may also want to watch:
The spokeswoman said: “There’s nothing to imply it was life-threatening, thankfully.”
The road was closed between the junctions of Royston Road and Weston Way, and reopened at about 8.50pm.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?
The Peugeot was recovered by police.
Anyone who witnessed the crash involving the Peugeot and the bike should contact police on 101, quoting reference ISR 699 of September 14.