Two-car crash closes village road
- Credit: Archant
A two car-collision forced a road to close this morning (Tuesday), affecting motorists and bus services.
Emergency services were called to Bury Lane in Codicote near to St Giles Church at about 8.45am after a grey Vauxhall Corsa and a grey Volvo S40 collided.
A police spokesman said road closures were put in place while the vehicles were recovered.
Bus company Centrebus tweeted: “Service 44 from Stevenage to Luton departing at 10:00 cannot serve Codicote Church due to a road traffic accident, bus is running on diversion.”
The road closures were lifted at 10.10am.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said the ambulance service was not required.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?