Two-car crash closes village road
- Credit: Archant
A two car-collision forced a road to close this morning (Tuesday), affecting motorists and bus services.
Emergency services were called to Bury Lane in Codicote near to St Giles Church at about 8.45am after a grey Vauxhall Corsa and a grey Volvo S40 collided.
A police spokesman said road closures were put in place while the vehicles were recovered.
Bus company Centrebus tweeted: “Service 44 from Stevenage to Luton departing at 10:00 cannot serve Codicote Church due to a road traffic accident, bus is running on diversion.”
The road closures were lifted at 10.10am.
A spokesman said the ambulance service was not required.
- 1 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 2 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 3 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 4 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 8 Enter Shikari to play Club 85 gig in Hitchin as part of The National Lottery’s Revive Live Tour
- 9 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 10 Vegan market returns for final 2021 trade with festive twist