Tributes paid to two men who died in fatal Ickleford collision
- Credit: Archant
Tributes have been paid to two men who died in a car crash yesterday (Sunday).
The men, both aged 27, have been named locally as John James Mcerlean and Sean Doherty.
A Facebook group has been created where people can leave messages for the two men and their families.
One tribute by Lisa Simms said: “Well wot can I say? Boys u will truly missed by me and every1 that knew u! Such a sad tym 4 all that knew u! Especially ur family now that xmas draws near!! All I can say is stay safe now u ur angels in the sky! 4eva in mine and my familys thoughts!! Nuff love xx.”
Another wrote: “Two special people gone but never forgotten! So devastating and so unexpected! Rest In Paradise!”
You may also want to watch:
Rhys Jones wrote: “Devastated is an understatement will never be the same without you boys miss you dearly r.i.p nuff love guys.”
On Twitter @Stand_As1 said: “A terrible day. RIP to two lovely lads. Thoughts with your family’s and friends and little ones. Hitchin won’t be the same without you.”
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
The fatal collision occurred on Arlesey Road, Ickleford.
It is believed that a blue BMW had been travelling northbound when it collided with a tree at around 2.45am. Emergency services were called to the scene at 2.46am. Two fire crews from Hitchin used cutting equipment to free the men, who suffered fatal injuries and were declared dead at the scene.
Collision investigator PC Andy Ralph, from the Beds, Cambs and Herts Road policing unit, said: “I would like to speak to anyone who saw this incident or who believes they may have seen it in the time leading up to the collision.
“I would urge anyone with information to contact me on the police non-emergency number 101.”