Trees uprooted and Baldock road blocked by high winds
STRONG winds left trees uprooted and a roads blocked in Comet country last night (Thursday).
Hertfordshire Highways were first called at around 5.40pm after a member of the public reported that a tree had been blown and was blocking London Road in Baldock.
Highways were on the scene, joined by Hertfordshire Constabulary, at 7.25pm, and the tree was cut and removed by 8.15pm.
Another tree was reported to be causing disruption in Wilbury Hills Road, Letchworth GC, and was dealt with by 8.35pm.
A third call at 11.35pm was made concerning a large tree which was hanging low over Lilley Bottom Road, Whitwell, and considered a danger to traffic.
You may also want to watch:
A tree surgeon was required to cut down some branches, with the matter resolved by 2am.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 6 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising