Trapped man in overturned van blocks A505
A MAN has been trapped in his van after it overturned on the A505, closing the road towards Baldock.
The incident took place at around 8.30am and the fire brigade were called to cut the man out of his white Ford Transit.
Hertfordshire Constabulary, are also attending, say the accident happened near the Letchworth Gate junction and the ambulance service are also in attendance.
Herts Fire and Rescue say the man will be conveyed to hospital by ambulance.
The incident is ongoing, however Herts Police say they are arranging for the van to be recovered.
You may also want to watch:
An eye-witness to the aftermath of the crash says he saw between 4-5 people who had stopped to help the man.
Dom Notarangelo said: “Well it shows some sort of community spirit it’s quite easy for people to drive past and do nothing.
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
“It was good to see people stop their cars and help him out.”