Disruption between Stevenage and Knebworth as safety inspection is carried out
- Credit: Archant
There is currently disruption for trains between Stevenage and London as a safety inspection is carried out in Knebworth.
A problem with the track was reported earlier this morning, and Network Rail engineers are now on site to assess and repair the problem.
This mean most trains will need to use the slow line, which is causing congestion.
It affects Thameslink and Great Northern services, as well as some longer-distance operators.
Disruption is expected until 8.30am.
You can still use your normal route for travel, and all stations are being served - although trains may depart in a different order or leave from a different platform at your station.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 3 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 4 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?
- 8 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 9 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 10 Serious collision on A602 injures four