Train signalling problems leave commuters stranded
“SEVERE” disruptions to Comet country train services left many people stranded or facing lengthy journeys yesterday, due to signalling problems at Finsbury Park.
Services at Stevenage, Hitchin, Letchworth, Arlesey, Baldock and Knebworth were all affected, as trains heading to and from London were either cancelled or severely delayed.
The “major signalling problems”, which were reported at 4pm, came during the busiest period. Although the signalling was fixed at 6.50pm, a backlog of delays continued well into the evening.
Services leaving London Kings Cross were all cancelled, and journeys passing through Comet country stations from Cambridge and Peterborough were either delayed or cancelled.
East Coast services heading towards Kings Cross were terminated at Stevenage.
You may also want to watch:
“There was a major signalling problem at Finsbury Park, which caused severe delays to services,” said a First Capital Connect spokesman.
“Key managers were at stations to inform people what was going on and to co-ordinate information to let people know of alternative routes to get home.”
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin