Travel time between Stevenage and London extended by an hour due to signalling fault at Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
Passengers travelling between Stevenage and London can expect their journey to be extended by at least an hour, and are advised to consider taking alternative routes, due to a signalling system fault in Welwyn Garden City.
The fault is causing major disruption, with services cancelled, delayed or revised - which is expected to continue until at least 11am.
Trains will be diverted via Hertford North where possible.
Great Northern has posted the following advice:
LNER customer advice:
You may also want to watch:
Customers may also use the following services to help with journeys:
East Midlands Railway between Sheffield and London St Pancras International
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 3 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
Northern between Doncaster and Sheffield
CrossCountry between Leeds and Sheffield
Great Northern/Thameslink customer advice:
There will be major disruption with cancellations to:
All trains to and from London Kings Cross
All trains to and from Moorgate
All trains from Peterborough and Cambridge through to London St Pancras International.
Leave as much time for your journey as you can, or consider either travelling later today or using an alternative route.
If you travel now, your journey is likely to be extended by at least one hour.
Where possible, trains will be diverted through Hertford North, but this will also extend journeys.
Your Great Northern or Thameslink tickets will be accepted at no extra cost on:
- London Overground between Enfield Town and Liverpool Street
- Greater Anglia
- Between Cambridge and Ely
- Between Cambridge and London
- Between Hertford East and London Liverpool Street
- Thameslink between Bedford, London St Pancras and Farringdon (these services may also be disrupted due to a signalling problem in the Farringdon area
- CrossCountry between Cambridge, Ely and Peterborough
- East Midlands Railway between Peterborough and Ely
- Tube services on any reasonable route across London
- Metroline buses on routes 84 and 242