Rail disruption between Hitchin and Cambridge due to Foxton points failure
- Credit: Archant
Train services running between Hitchin and Cambridge will be cancelled or delayed this evening, as a second points failure in Foxton has caused the line to be blocked.
Great Northern and Thameslink customers are advised to delay travelling if possible, as issues are currently set to continue until at least 9pm.
Those who do not wish to delay their journey should expect their journey time to be extended by up to an hour, and should seek an alternative route.
Services in the opposite direction are currently running, however are expected to be disrupted later, as trains have been enable to complete their current service.
Replacement buses have been requested for Hitchin and Cambridge, but there has been no confirmation of these yet.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are valid at no extra cost from:
- Thameslink and Great Northern services between London King's Cross, London St Pancras, Cambridge and Peterborough
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- Greater Anglia services between London Liverpool Street and Ely
- Cross Country services between Cambridge and Peterborough.