Train delays on Great Northern services between Stevenage and Potters Bar after signalling fault
- Credit: Archant
There are train delays on the Great Northern line tonight due to a signalling fault, with disruption to services between Stevenage and Potters Bar expected to continue until 8pm.
Virgin Trains East Coast tweeted at 6.11pm to say due to a fault with the signalling system between Stevenage and Welwyn Garden City all lines are blocked.
Both VTEC and Great Northern have since said services are running at reduced speed on all lines between the two towns, with cancellations and delays up to 30 minutes to be expected.
VTEC anticipates the delays for services between Stevenage and Potters Bar will continue until at least 8pm.
The train operators say you may be entitled to compensation if you experience a delay in completing your journey today. Please keep your train ticket and make a note of your journey, as both will be required to support any claim.
You may also want to watch:
UPDATE 6.50pm: @GNRailUK has tweeted to say southbound services are able to run at normal speed now, but northbound services are still at reduced speed between Welwyn Garden City and Stevenage.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 6 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust