Train delays and cancellations to Great Northern services after Cambridge points failure
- Credit: Archant
Great Northern trains are running at reduced speed – with delays and cancellations – after a points failure at Cambridge this afternoon.
Services in both directions between Kings Lynn/Ely and London King’s Cross are affected, with trains travelling to/from those stations terminating at either Royston or Letchworth Garden City.
At present there are delays of up to 20 minutes on some services, with cancellations too.
The Great Northern website says rail response teams and engineers are on site at Cambridge trying to fix the fault as soon as possible.
Due to the disruption, Great Northern customers can use Thameslink services between Cambridge and King’s Cross, Greater Anglia services between Cambridge and London Liverpool Street, and London Underground via any reasonable route at no extra cost.
You may also want to watch:
Disruption is currently expected to continue until at least 6pm.
8.30pm UPDATE: The disruption caused by the fault has now ended.
- 1 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 5 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 6 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory