Train delays and cancellations to Great Northern services after Cambridge points failure
- Credit: Archant
Great Northern trains are running at reduced speed – with delays and cancellations – after a points failure at Cambridge this afternoon.
Services in both directions between Kings Lynn/Ely and London King’s Cross are affected, with trains travelling to/from those stations terminating at either Royston or Letchworth Garden City.
At present there are delays of up to 20 minutes on some services, with cancellations too.
The Great Northern website says rail response teams and engineers are on site at Cambridge trying to fix the fault as soon as possible.
Due to the disruption, Great Northern customers can use Thameslink services between Cambridge and King’s Cross, Greater Anglia services between Cambridge and London Liverpool Street, and London Underground via any reasonable route at no extra cost.
You may also want to watch:
Disruption is currently expected to continue until at least 6pm.
8.30pm UPDATE: The disruption caused by the fault has now ended.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death