Traffic at a standstill in Stevenage after car overturns on A1(M) slip road
- Credit: Archant
Traffic is at a standstill across Stevenage tonight after a van overturned on the slip road for the A1(M).
A white Ford Transit van overturned on the roundabout for Junction 7 – next to the Novotel – near the northbound entry slip road at 5.15pm.
The A602 has subsequently closed between the entry slip southbound and exit slip northbound and all traffic has been diverted along the motorway.
The vehicle was leaking diesel and Herts Highways were called to deal with the spillage.
The crash has resulted in approaches to both junctions of the motorway being completely jammed, with traffic heavy on the main roads throughout the town.
You may also want to watch:
UPDATE: The van was recovered and the road reopened just after 7.30pm. The three people in the van were uninjured.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 5 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 6 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 7 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?