Traffic at a standstill after A505 crash
TRAFFIC came to a standstill last night (Tuesday) after a crash on the A505.
Emergency services were called to the A505 between the Wallington Road junction and the Ashwell turning at about 5.45pm after a white Mini Cooper and a black Ford Fiesta collided.
The two cars were travelling towards Baldock from the Royston direction when the accident occurred, with heavy traffic on the road until the vehicles were recovered at 7.10pm and debris removed.
An ambulance spokesman said two people were taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage with minor injuries.
It is the second incident on the stretch of road in less than two weeks after Royston resident Oliver Pritchard died after colliding with a car near the Slip End turning on November 10.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed the 22-year-old was walking along the side of the road at the time.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas