Train services cancelled or delayed due to Watton-at-Stone inspection
- Credit: Archant
Trains are not calling at Watton-on-Stone this morning due to a safety inspection of tracks between the station and Hertford North.
Services through these two stations on the Hertford loop - which starts at Stevenage - are set to be cancelled or delayed, and journey times will be extended by approximately 15 minutes.
Customers travelling from Watton-at-Stone are advised to take a bus service - which is currently in place - to Stevenage, and change there for services to London.
Disruption is expected until 9am.
Trains services across the Great Northern network are set to be affected today, due to unavailability of crew, and overall journey time may be extended by 30 minutes to one hour.
Rail operator Govia Thameslink has requested rail replacement buses to be based at Welwyn Garden City, Hertford North, Alexandra Palace, Hitchin and Cambridge this afternoon.
- 1 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 2 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 3 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 4 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 8 Enter Shikari to play Club 85 gig in Hitchin as part of The National Lottery’s Revive Live Tour
- 9 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 10 Vegan market returns for final 2021 trade with festive twist