Tempsford Road to remain closed after level crossing near Sandy is hit by car
- Credit: Archant
Repairs to a level crossing near Sandy will take two days after a car hit it earlier today.
The crash happened at the Everton level crossing between Sandy and St Neots, affecting both northbound and southbound services between Peterborough and Stevenage.
Central Beds Council has confirmed Tempsford Road, which links Everton with Tempsford, will be closed for two days while urgent repairs are done by Network Rail at the level crossing.
A British Transport Police spokesman said: “We were called at 7.58am to Everton level crossing.
“A vehicle knocked the barrier off the level crossing and we are now investigating that.”
Anyone with information should text 61016 quoting reference 85 of January 16.
- 1 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 2 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 3 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 6 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 7 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 8 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 9 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 10 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage