Tempsford Road to remain closed after level crossing near Sandy is hit by car
- Credit: Archant
Repairs to a level crossing near Sandy will take two days after a car hit it earlier today.
The crash happened at the Everton level crossing between Sandy and St Neots, affecting both northbound and southbound services between Peterborough and Stevenage.
Central Beds Council has confirmed Tempsford Road, which links Everton with Tempsford, will be closed for two days while urgent repairs are done by Network Rail at the level crossing.
A British Transport Police spokesman said: “We were called at 7.58am to Everton level crossing.
“A vehicle knocked the barrier off the level crossing and we are now investigating that.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should text 61016 quoting reference 85 of January 16.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?