Teen cyclist hospitalised in Stevenage van crash
- Credit: Archant
A TEENAGE cyclist was taken to hospital after the bike he was riding collided with a van.
Emergency services were called at about 6.20pm on Friday following a crash at the junction of Hertford Road and Kimbolton Crescent in Stevenage.
The cyclist, an 18-year-old man, suffered a hip injury and was taken to Lister Hospital in the town for further treatment.
“The initial calls we received said a van had collided with a bicycle then entered a river next to the road,” said ambulance spokesman Gary Sanderson, who attended the incident.
“Thankfully on our arrival the van hadn’t entered the river and the driver was uninjured.”
You may also want to watch:
A stretch of Hertford Road was closed while the van, a white Ford Escort, was recovered but reopened at 7.20pm.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 8 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation