Teen cyclist hospitalised in Stevenage van crash
- Credit: Archant
A TEENAGE cyclist was taken to hospital after the bike he was riding collided with a van.
Emergency services were called at about 6.20pm on Friday following a crash at the junction of Hertford Road and Kimbolton Crescent in Stevenage.
The cyclist, an 18-year-old man, suffered a hip injury and was taken to Lister Hospital in the town for further treatment.
“The initial calls we received said a van had collided with a bicycle then entered a river next to the road,” said ambulance spokesman Gary Sanderson, who attended the incident.
“Thankfully on our arrival the van hadn’t entered the river and the driver was uninjured.”
A stretch of Hertford Road was closed while the van, a white Ford Escort, was recovered but reopened at 7.20pm.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 5 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 6 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 9 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 10 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property