Tanker fire and car crash cause traffic delays on A1(M)
A TANKER which caught fire and a car that careered off the road and through a fence have both been causing traffic problems on the A1(M) this morning (Monday).
Four fire engines, two from Stevenage, one from Hitchin and one from Baldock and Letchworth GC, were called at 6.48am after a tanker travelling southbound caught alight between Junction 9 for Letchworth Gate and Junction 8 for Stevenage.
The blaze was extinguished by 7.36am.
Police then attended another incident on the A1(M) at 8.09am after a Ford Focus going northbound exited the road between Junction 7 and Junction 8 and went through a fence.
The vehicle is now being recovered.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic is currently slow in both directions.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed