Tailbacks after A1(M) incident near Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
AN INCIDENT on the A1(M) this morning left tailbacks during rush hour.
Police and paramedics were called at about 7.45am this morning just past Junction 6 northbound.
A woman’s car had spun out of control, blocking the road.
She got out of her vehicle – a Peugeot 206 – and was later treated by paramedics. No one else was involved.
Police had to close off part of the carriageway, which caused tailbacks on the motorway.
The incident has now been dealt with, but traffic may still be built up.
An ambulance spokesman said: “We were called at 7.48am and assessed a woman who was suffering neck pain before discharging her at the scene.”
- 1 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 2 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 3 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 4 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 8 Enter Shikari to play Club 85 gig in Hitchin as part of The National Lottery’s Revive Live Tour
- 9 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 10 Vegan market returns for final 2021 trade with festive twist