Tailbacks after A1(M) incident near Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
AN INCIDENT on the A1(M) this morning left tailbacks during rush hour.
Police and paramedics were called at about 7.45am this morning just past Junction 6 northbound.
A woman’s car had spun out of control, blocking the road.
She got out of her vehicle – a Peugeot 206 – and was later treated by paramedics. No one else was involved.
Police had to close off part of the carriageway, which caused tailbacks on the motorway.
You may also want to watch:
The incident has now been dealt with, but traffic may still be built up.
An ambulance spokesman said: “We were called at 7.48am and assessed a woman who was suffering neck pain before discharging her at the scene.”
- 1 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 4 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 5 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 6 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 7 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 8 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 9 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory