Stretches of the A1(M) and A1 to close overnight with motorists facing diversions
- Credit: Archant
Sections of the A1(M) and A1 will be closed at night for maintenance work throughout October and November.
The closures will be in effect from 9pm to 6am until November 17 for the work which is being carried out by contractors Volker Fitzpatrick.
Marshals will be available to escort residents and hotel guests who need to access to properties within the above area at the times stated, although there may be delays depending on the nature of work taking place.
The northbound carriageway will be closed from now until October 27 from Junction 10 to the Sandy roundabout and the southbound carriageway will be shut from October 23 to November 3 from Junction 10 to the Sandy roundabout.
From October 30 to November 17, the road will be closed northbound from the Sandy roundabout at the A603 junction to Wyboston at the A428 junction. The same stretch of road will be closed southbound from November 6 to November 17.
You may also want to watch:
Highways England says the work will result in additional noise for residents living along these stretches of road and has apologised for the inconvenience caused.
For any questions about the works, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07471 140915.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed