Major Hitchin road closed in both directions after serious crash
- Credit: Archant
A major Hitchin road is closed this afternoon after a serious crash – and motorists are asked to avoid the area.
Emergency services – including a fire crew – are currently at the scene of a major collision in Stotfold Road, between Hitchin and Stotfold, which has closed the carriageway in both directions.
The entire road remains closed, from the Icknield Way junction in Letchworth, down to Hitchin.
A Herts police spokesperson said: “Police were called at around 11.45am today (3 July) following a road traffic collision in Stotfold Road, Hitchin.
“Three vehicles were reported to have been involved. Damage was also caused to a house during the incident.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers are currently on scene, alongside colleagues from the fire and ambulance services, and road closures remain in place while they work at the scene.”
- 1 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 2 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 4 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 7 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises