Storm Emma: School closures in Stevenage, North Herts and Central Beds
- Credit: Archant
As if the Beast from the East wasn’t bad enough, Storm Emma is now sweeping the UK – meaning some schools in our area have closed today.
A yellow weather warning is in place, and according to the Met Office forecast for our region: “Further snow showers or perhaps longer spells of snow are likely at times today. There is an increasing chance that a further spell of more persistent snow may move north into parts of southern England.
“Icy stretches are likely on untreated surfaces. In addition, strong winds will lead to further drifting or blowing around of existing snow cover.”
Which schools are closed? Here’s what we know...
In Stevenage, Barclay School is closed today. Their website says: “We will open as usual on Monday. March 5. Please stay warm, catch up with homework and enjoy the snow safely!”
You may also want to watch:
Almond Hill, Ashtree, Broom Barns, Camps Hill, Fairlands, St Vincent de Paul, Lodge Farm and Moss Bury primary schools, Giles Infant School, Woolenwick junior and infants schools and John Henry Newman School are also closed, as is Aston St Mary’s and Ardeley St Lawrence and Benington village primary schools, just outside the town.
The Thomas Alleyne Academy will close at 12.20pm, Nobel will shut at 1pm and Marriotts school will close at 1.20pm.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
In North Herts, Graveley Primary School is closed.
• If there are any other school closures you know about, please email email@example.com and we can add them to the list.