Storm Emma: School closures in Stevenage, North Herts and Central Beds
- Credit: Archant
As if the Beast from the East wasn’t bad enough, Storm Emma is now sweeping the UK – meaning some schools in our area have closed today.
A yellow weather warning is in place, and according to the Met Office forecast for our region: “Further snow showers or perhaps longer spells of snow are likely at times today. There is an increasing chance that a further spell of more persistent snow may move north into parts of southern England.
“Icy stretches are likely on untreated surfaces. In addition, strong winds will lead to further drifting or blowing around of existing snow cover.”
Which schools are closed? Here’s what we know...
In Stevenage, Barclay School is closed today. Their website says: “We will open as usual on Monday. March 5. Please stay warm, catch up with homework and enjoy the snow safely!”
Almond Hill, Ashtree, Broom Barns, Camps Hill, Fairlands, St Vincent de Paul, Lodge Farm and Moss Bury primary schools, Giles Infant School, Woolenwick junior and infants schools and John Henry Newman School are also closed, as is Aston St Mary’s and Ardeley St Lawrence and Benington village primary schools, just outside the town.
The Thomas Alleyne Academy will close at 12.20pm, Nobel will shut at 1pm and Marriotts school will close at 1.20pm.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 4 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 9 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 10 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?
In North Herts, Graveley Primary School is closed.
• If there are any other school closures you know about, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can add them to the list.