Stevenage woman left with ‘huge mark’ by fallen firework
- Credit: Archant
A woman has claimed a falling firework has caused a “huge mark” on her forehead.
Claire Moon, of Burymead in Stevenage, was at the town’s Fairlands Valley Park fireworks display on Tuesday when what she believes was a falling firework hit her on the head.
She said: “It left a huge mark and there was so much blood gushing out of it. My family and I were stood right next to the children’s play area and I dread to think what could have happened if it had hit a child. Whoever is responsible for this was extremely careless.”
A spokesman for Stevenage Borough Council, which organises the annual display, said: “We have not received any formal or informal reports of a woman being hit by a firework at last night’s fireworks display at Fairlands Valley Park. St John’s Ambulance has notified us of two incidents that they dealt with last night, one involving a man having to be treated for a cut on his head from firework debris.
“We do not believe that this firework was one from our display. Our team go to great lengths to ensure the safety of the crowd is paramount when planning our display and it’s our understanding that the firework in question was brought in by a member of the public and let off in the crowd.
You may also want to watch:
“In all of our publicity about the fireworks display, we ask visitors not to bring their own fireworks and sparklers.”
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?